music & video. just better.
AMS has one of the largest encoded libraries of licensed music in New Zealand. No matter what your music needs, we can tailor a package to suit. You will receive fresh updates when you want them. Each audio system is pre loaded with at least 48,000 initial songs, our music video systems with at least 59,000 which includes our audio library. Our Karaoke library includes over 15,000 tracks.
On this page you can search our music database of over 140,000 audio, music video and karaoke tracks. When you decide on an AMS Computer Music System you get 120+ pre-made music categories/lists.
We are a New Zealand based music service provider and our categories are designed for NZ customers. To help us know what new tracks to add we use the local and international charts (Radio and Sales), customer requests, specialist local DJ's, and our team of specialists.
Using one of our 120+ music categories is great, but to make it even better, when you use them in conjunction with Beats Per Minute (BPM's) - a way to measure the pace of a song - you can ensure the music played is right at any given time. With an AMS Music & Video System you can select to play a range of similar paced songs from one or more categories. Our software can choose songs below or above a BPM point and/or between a specific range, like 100 to 120 BPM. This means you don't get a slow song or a fast one when you want the opposite. Whats more you can easily create as many of your own lists as you like.
Before delivering an AMS Music System we will consult with you to find the right music for your venue. We will listen to you, and the staff you trust, and your DJ/VJ, then provide advice to help make these important decisions. This is then an on-going process to keep it fresh.
Below are a select few of the over 120 available categories;
- Jazz - Pure Jazz from the 50's to today. Artists like Miles Davis, Etta James, Grover Washington Jr. and John Coultrane
- Jazz & Swing - More up tempo tunes from the 50's today artists like Frank Sinatra, Norah Jones and Rodger Fox.
- Modern Jazz/Electro Jazz - Some would call this cafe jazz. This is a very popular category with many NZ bars, cafes, restaurants. Jazzanova, Down To The Bone, Re:Jazz, St Germain all feature in these categories.
- Downbeat - The pace of a lot of this music is cruisy.
- By Decade from 30's through to 10's - This is mainly hits from these decades that you could dance to. Yes there are some cheesy ones but they're all there for a bit of fun.
- Radio categories - We have a number of categories based around what you would hear on New Zealand's biggest radio stations. We use the charts from both sales and what radio are playing to gather the new stuff. Included are Classic Hits, Classic Rock, Today's Hit Music, Easy Listening, Alternative & Rock and more.
- Disco - All the late 70's disco hits in one big list
- House - We provide a huge range of house music from the late 80's until today. Many exclusive club re mixes and much more. Covered in these categories are Funky House, Disco House, Acid House and Hard House, Uptempo House, Electro House and Techno.
- Cool Old Stuff - The crooners from the 50's and 60's and some newer tracks to add some flavour. Artists like Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Tom Jones, Shirley Bassey etc.
- Cool New Stuff - The category is based around artists like Norah Jones, Diana Krall, Jamie Cullum and Mark Moulin.
- Irish - This features many of the classics and some of today's biggest Irish artists. A must for all Irish venues or for St Paddy's Day. This category was designed by a real Irishman who knows his stuff.
- Country - We have the older country classics and new country rock sound from the USA. Artists like Johnny Cash, Dolly Parton, Dwight Yoakam and The Dixie Chicks.
- Dub - A distinctly New Zealand feel with Salmonella Dub, Fat Freddy's Drop and Trinity Roots.
- Dubstep - All the big albums and artists and let's not forget the Kiwis like Mt Eden Dubstep.
- Drum n Bass - Many New Zealand artists feature in this. We use albums from the Loop series of CD's for this category.
- Hip-Hop - This is mainly rap from recent times including Eminiem, 50 Cent, Kanye West, Outkast and more.
- Light Rock - All the big toe tapping & Sing-A-Long tracks from the late 70's & 80's. The best tracks to get your crowd ready for dancing. Bands like The Cars, Queen, Bon Jovi, Blondie, Split Enz & Fleetwood Mac amoung many others.
- Motown - All the big Motown artists from the 60's and 70's. The Temptations, Marvin Gaye and much more
- New Zealand - NZ has had a great few years and let's not forget the 60's, 70's and 80's. All the big ones are here.
- Reggae - Bob Marley, Che Fu, Eddy Grant and more jammin.
- Rock n Roll - All the big hits from the 50's and 60's including Elvis, Bill Haley and all the rest.
- R n B - Today's biggest RnB stars including Beyonce, Jamilia, Kelis, Nelly, Rihanna to help move your crowd.
- Pub Rock Anthems - Every Friday night pubs around the country are pumping this stuff. Look out for The Exponents, Dragon, Gun's N' Roses, Rolling Stones and other huge rock tracks.
If the style or genre you are after is not listed don't worry there's at least another 50 more where those came from! If we don't have the style you want we'll work with you to customise it for you and your business.
Once you are an AMS computer music system customer you can e-mail us, call us, or use the form on the support page or even text us songs that you would like added to your next music update. Even better, with an internet connection to the music PC we can load them remotely almost anytime. For AMS it's all about flexibility and providing our customers with the best.